sexta-feira, agosto 19, 2005

Weekend! (late post)

E que semana foi! Marcada pelo muito sofrimento à conta do espectacular Festival Paredes de Coura. É claro que este ano, que não pude ir, teve um dos melhores cartazes com n concertos brutais! Pixies, Queens of the Stone Age, Arcade Fire, !!!, Nick Cave, Woven Hands, The National, etc, etc, etc... Pelo que ouvi na rádio foi, pura e simplesmente brutal! Pumba, mais uma cabeçada na parede!
Para atenuar as dores, descobri um álbum grandioso, que é cura para (quase) todos os males: American III: Solitary Man, do não menos grandioso, Johnny Cash!
Aqui fica o alinhamento do cd e uma das minhas músicas favoritas:

I Won't Back Down
Solitary Man
That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)
One
Nobody
I See A Darkness
The Mercy Seat
Would You Lay With Me (In A Field Of Stone)
Field Of Diamonds
Before My Time
Country Trash
Mary Of The Wild Moor
I'm Leavin' Now
Wayfaring Stranger
I See a Darkness
(original de Bonnie "Prince" Billy)

Well, you're my friend
And can you see
Many times we've been out drinking
Many times we've shared our thoughts
Did you ever, ever notice, the kind of thoughts I got
Well you know I have a love, for everyone I know
And you know I have a drive, for life I won't let go
But sometimes this opposition, comes rising up in me
This terrible imposition, comes blacking through my mind


And then I see a darkness
Oh no, I see a darkness
Do you know how much I love you
Cause I'm hoping some day soon
You'll save me from this darkness


Well I hope that someday soon
We'll find peace in our lives
Together or apart
Alone or with our wives
And we can stop our whoring
And draw the smiles inside
And light it up forever
And never go to sleep
My best unbeaten brother
That isn't all I see

And then I see a darkness
Oh no, I see a darkness
Do you know how much I love you
Cause I'm hoping some day soon
You'll save me from this darkness
PS: Na calha está já o novo álbum dos Sigur Rós e o concerto no Coliseu, haja saúde!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

If only you will let me...

7:21 da tarde  
Blogger Spaceboy said...

«I See A Darkness» traz-me tantas recordações...
Espero ir ver os Sigur Rós também!

12:09 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home