sexta-feira, fevereiro 25, 2005

Erasmus soundtrack

Here is a collection of songs that I feel were important or, at least, noticed by me and maybe by others fellows students in this last semester of intense studying. Here it is:

First of all, the #1 song of our Erasmus experience: I just call to say I love you by legendary Stevie Wonder.

Then right after, other anthem: Directions by Josh Rouse. Hope still playing in U Pecivalu ( our legendary hang around & party hard club, they miss us for sure! )

Other great song: Float On by Modest Mousse. Even thought we only heard it in U Peci in the very last night we were all together it was a must for much time. Frequent airplay in Polish radio (great radio), we even go lucky enough to hear it on the way back from Krakow to Ostrava. Very good song.

Head on by The Jesus and The Mary Chain. It stroked me like a blitz from the sky.

Humming Bird by Wilco. For sure, one of last year best albums.

Rocks by Primal Scream. It could be heard frequently in Desperados, but people don’t believe in me when I say they’re the best band live now playing.

Kissing the lipless by The Shins. Amazing stuff.

Now a bunch of hits that never missed their aim, the shooter was DJ Lukas, once again in U Peci:
A certain shade of green by Incubus. Specially to Gonçalo, one of my (and my br) favourites from this band.
Passenger by Iggy Pop. No comments.
London Calling by The Clash. Best band ever? Maybe yes. Hell, for sure yes. Ok, I can’t say that, but, probably, the best rock and roll album of all times. This one was for me!
Unfinished Sympathy & Teardrop By Massive Attack. The first one for me and the second for Rui.
Perfect Day by Lou Reed. Thank you.
Glory Box & Strangers by Portishead. They were happy and it was good.

Now a couple of one’s that I like and were very good for me to listen to:
Deep Blue by Rodrigo Leão.
Why? by Gus Gus.
By your side by CocoRosie.
True love will find you in the end, Dream Scream & Devil Town by Beck, Dead Cab for Cutie & Bright Eyes taken from the Daniel Johnston cd Discovered Covered.
Do you realize, Flaming Lips cover by Beck.
Pink Moon, Know, Northern Sky & Time Has Told Me by Nick Drake. I think I could say all of him.
Blower’s Daughter by Damian Rice. One of my new all time favourite.
You make it easy by Air.
Help me by Maximillian Hecker.

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. I will remember this one for long time.


Now the Portuguese bands that made success in Ostrava:
Clocks by Primitive Reason.
Open your eyes by Terrakota.
Luv song by Three and a Quarter.
I’d like to put here also Gomo, but it just made people laugh and say how simple and bad it was. But I like it dough. Very much indeed, Feeling Alive was our last summer song; great memories. But this post is about Erasmus in Ostrava.


Now two mentions:
Sometimes you Can’t make it on your own by U2. Jeppe song.
Rise by Josh Rouse. Helli favourite and mine also.


For sure there are plenty more that I can’t remember now…but this will have to do for now. It’s a good soundtrack for good times. But the most important was the good friends and the good fun we had. Cheers mates! See ya’ll soon.