quinta-feira, fevereiro 12, 2009

lido por aí...

Nick Cave e o Gospel do Rock'n'roll

A páginas tantas, na entrevista da edição de Março '09 da revista MOJO, Nick Cave pronuncia-se sobre o poder da música e da linguagem nela contida:
"Those songs have got the whole fuckin' kitchen sink thrown in. I like big, heavy duty prose stylists. The language is possibly more important than the ideas. Language itself can have a hugely beneficial effect on you in the same way music can - if I play, say Veedon Fleece by Van Morrison, I know I'm going to feel better. It can change my entire body chemestry. It can make me go from feeling exhausted, depleted, unhappy, depressed into feeling fuckin' buoyant and brilliant and joyful in a matter of seconds. It's not intellectual, it's about the music and the rhythm of the words."
No final, quando o entrevistador pensava já ter terminado a entrevista, Nick Cave volta a pedir para ligar o gravador:

"There are some catastrophic failures of songwriting, unbelievable indulgences, but also some very precise and beautiful songs. I wasn't conscious of that 10 years ago. And it's our responsability to keep the thing alive. Rock'n'roll is a hugely important art form. It may well be it's the peak of the pyramid, if there is such thing. It does have a lasting resonance in certain people's lives."


E termina:

"I keep thinking this is something I know now, but it isn't." [...] "I don't know how long it will last, but for the moment...If I wanna do something I can just do it. I don't feel impeded"



Etiquetas: ,